Thursday, August 18, 2011

County Art Show


It's the time of summer that comes every year meaning that it's almost over- County Fairs! Our county fair art show is kind of, well.... crazy.



Student work is submitted from grades 1 - 6 and are judged whether they are "Excellent, Good" or "Honorable Mention." We try not to tell the students that there is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, but they pick up on it over the years.


It's actually a really big deal to students to get selected for the show, and I always have students asking if I can submit their work. They also get paid! (Only somewhere between .60 and $1.50, but hey! Getting a check when you're eight is pretty exciting.)


You can kind of see how MANY submissions get entered. They're all kind of just crammed into a tiny space, and if you know anything about me, it's not my style. I like things to be presented well and in order, but hey, it's for the kids, right?



All in all, it was another great year to reflect back on work. It's also a great time to see my co-worker's student work from her elementary school.

Getting my hubby to come and help set up... tee hee. : -)


Here are a couple works I've seen from other schools that I made mental notes (and visual ones) to try some time this coming year!

Textured Slab Sconces


Woven Pillow

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, thanks for the cool video link! Gotta try it out!

    ReplyDelete