Monday, May 23, 2011

Paper Mache Vases

Materials:
- Corrugated cardboard
- Bulletin Board Borders
- Tempera Paint
- Paintbrushes
- Masking Tape
- Scissors
- Paper Mache Goop (we use School Smart Paper Paste)
- Newspapers


I had a lot of soft corrugated cardboard lying around as well as bulletin board borders that I'm assuming were handed down before I came to the district. What to do, what to do.... let's make vases? Sure... why not...

1. Trace a vase template onto two pieces of corrugated cardboard, one for the front and one for the back.

2. I drew a line across the bumps of the bulletin board borders so my students could snip off and have a straight edge.

  

3. Showing them how to make an "L" shape with their masking tape around the inside edge of their vase, they connected the straight edge to a flat face. Make sure bumpy sides are in.


4. To attach the other side, they did the same "L" shapes over the outer edges. I had them tape the outside edges on both sides just for good measure.

5. Paper mache!

6. Paint :).





The front and back of a zebra... tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment